Hey dads, ditch the distractions, grab your kiddos and come join the rest of the dads for a father/kid camp out on Friday and Saturday, November 16-17. The location of our campout will be at Pastor Dave Cathey’s property, 1266 Orchard Road, Whitesboro, Texas. The cost is $10 per person to help cover the cost of food and other camping essentials. If you don’t have your own gear but still want to attend, simply register for the event above and we’ll contact you to see if we can help you with the essentials.
CAMP OUT INFORMATION:
When: Friday-Saturday, November 16-17
Location: 1266 Orchard Rd Whitesboro, Texas (Look for signs at the Orchard Road cutoff and the turn into the driveway.)
Cost: $10 per person
Friday, November 16th:
3:00pm – Tent set-up begins (Families may come any time after 3pm to begin setting up their tents.)
6:30pm-8:30pm – Dinner
Saturday, November 17th:
8:00am – Breakfast
9:00am – Activities (Families are welcome to stay until Saturday at 4:00pm.)
1:00pm – Lunch
BB Gun Range
CAN WOMEN ATTEND THIS EVENT?
This event is officially sponsored by the Heartland Church Men’s Ministry and is designed to strengthen relationships between dads / male caregivers and their children. Only men and children are invited. Those wanting to camp out as a family can sign up to join the Heartland Camping Group by contacting Tim and Juli Darnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I DON’T HAVE CAMPING EQUIPMENT, CAN I STILL COME?
We do have some families that are willing to loan some tents/camping equipment to other guests, but it will only be available on a limited basis. Our suggestion is to try to acquire as much as you can.
AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN FOOD?
No, you are not responsible for food. All food will be covered and cooked by our event team.
You may want to bring snacks and drinks for those in-between munchies. Due to the large amount of food we will be preparing, our team will be unable to meet any special dietary requirements; therefore, please plan on bringing your own food to meet those requirements.
IS THERE RUNNING WATER/TOILETS?
Yes, but no showers.
ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN FISHING LURES?
We will be providing some basic tackle equipment on a limited basis for children to fish. However, we will not provide other essential fishing gear.
CAN I BRING GUNS/AMMO?
Since there will be so many children on site, we kindly ask that you leave all guns (with the exception of BB guns and Paintball guns) at home for the safety of our guests.
* Legally licensed firearm carriers should keep their guns secured in their vehicles.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CAMPOUT?
- SHAVING GEAR (don’t want you coming home looking like the mountain man Jeremiah Johnson)
- AIR MATTRESS or COT (to make you comfy so you won’t be a grump in the morning)
- FLASHLIGHT (for dodging snakes as you walk in the dark)
- LAWN CHAIR (for practicing your arm chair quarterbacking)
- PILLOW (for those of you who need someone to hold onto while you sleep)
- SLEEPING BAG (to keep you toasty and to protect you from beasts in the night)
- CAMERA (to embarrass your friends)
- TENT (so you won’t be considered homeless)
- LANTERN AND FUEL (if you have one)
- HUNTING KNIFE (for skinning your supper and knife fighting. City slickers should consider bringing a plastic table knife so you won’t hurt yourself.)
- CHANGE OF CLOTHES (in case you fall into the lake, Hee! Hee!)
- COAT (if cold weather.)
- SNACKS and DRINKS (For in between meal times.)
- ICE CHEST.
- INSECT REPELLENT.
- BB GUNS AND AMMO.
- FISHING GEAR.