Serve Day 2023
Saturday, July 15th- 9:00 AM- 1:00 PM
4020 Nazarene Dr
Carrollton, TX 75010
What is SERVE Day?
SERVE Day is our outreach initiative where we love people to life through Jesus Christ around our community and neighborhoods. Every year we ask the whole church to participate one day in giving back to our community and focus their efforts in helping those around us. On previous SERVE Days we have had up to 300+ people in our church serve in the city of Carrollton and the surrounding DFW area
This year our theme comes from Mark 10:45
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
At Heartland our mission is to love people to life in Jesus Christ and this year for SERVE Day our focus is “We Exist to Serve Others” We have an entire team to help you create the best project to touch our community.
We want you to be a table leader for our Feed My Starving Children Project. Register Here to lead and to get more information.
Current Open Projects
1. GraceBridge Food Distribution at The Fountains of Rosemeade
We will have in-person food distribution at The Fountains of Rosemeade apartments. We will distribute food and personal care boxes and pray for all that come to bless their family.
Registration to begin soon.
2. GraceBridge Food Distribution at Evergreen Farmers Branch
We will take food to a local retirement community and serve several families there. Volunteers will help deliver to the retirement apartments, then pray with and encourage the recipients.
Registration to begin soon
3. Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack event at Heartland Church
We are so honored to partner with FMSC to pack 50,000 meals. We need you to join us by serving on a packing team. People of all ages and abilities are welcome! Ages 5 years-105 will help us measure, seal, and pack up meals to be sent across the nation and world to starving children.
We are currently registering table leaders for this project. We want you to join us! Click here to register as a table leader and get more information
Do you want to serve at SERVE Day 2023 but don’t see a project that moves you? Become a project leader and do what you feel God is calling you to AND a lead a few folks along the way. Click here to register a new project for SERVE Day 2023
This is a list of project ideas. These are projects that an individual or small group can do and fund on their own.
Begin by asking the following questions. Hopefully, the answers will help you develop a project that is a perfect fit for you or your group.
· Who in your neighborhood has a need?
· What business or organization within your sphere of influence could use a blessing?
· What project types best suit your group’s ages and abilities? (prayer, worship, teaching, physical labor, etc.)
· Pay for people’s laundry at a laundromat and pass out snacks or drinks
· Host a free garage sale
· Bring free lunches to construction workers and servicemen in your area
· Hand out free gum at a local park
· Clean up a widow’s or single mom’s yard
· Give out free sunscreen at a city park
· Give out free bottled water
· Plan a party for foster care children. Have free food, games, and a backpack/school supply giveaway
· Give out free donuts and coffee at bus stop or shopping center
· Host a free car wash for the faculty at a school
· Minor car repairs for elderly, widows and/or single mom’s
· Kids host a free kids toys and games garage sale
· Kids host a free lemonade stand
· Deliver fresh flowers to the residents
· Host a worship service at a nursing home (offer worship, devotions, prayer, and fellowship)
· Throw a “Senior Prom” complete with live music, food, and decorations
· Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for resident
· Have kids make crafts (necklaces, wooden crosses) that can be given to residents
· Distribute chips and sodas to residents & employees (check with staff on food restrictions)
· Tea Party
· Help the residents complete care packages for foster kids
· Band: Serve free drinks or snacks at their practices
· Sports teams: Serve free bottled water at their practices
· Give away free mechanical pencils or energy drinks to college students
· Host a free picnic in the quad.
· Give out free donuts and coffee on the quad
Special Needs/Youth Home
· Identify a family with a special needs child and give the family a Mom & Dad’s day out
· Adopt a group home for the day and throw a party for the residents
· Build a wheelchair ramp for handicapped
· Organize a field day for a group youth home
· Serve hot breakfast for the homeless in your community
· Do a community trash clean up
· Host a “Block Party” with free food, games, music, etc. for families
· Renovate a run-down playground or park in the area
· Do a door-to-door grocery giveaway
· Have a “Free Grass Cutting” day
· Serve free coffee, energy drinks, and snacks to staff and those waiting in the emergency room
· Give out healthy snacks to patients of chemotherapy
· Deliver small gifts to patients and families in the children’s ward (toys, care packages, etc)
· Prayer visits with patients and those in emergency room
· Take care-packages with snacks, sweets and small gift items (lotions, magazines, puzzles etc.) to families of hospitalized children.
Business/Service Organizations/Public Servicemen
· Wash windows
· Trash pick-up in parking lot
· Corral shopping carts to designated spaces
· Cook Lunch for your local police or fire station