Saturday, October 1st- 9:00 AM- 1:00 PM
4020 Nazarene Dr
Carrollton, TX 75010
What is SERVE Day?
SERVE Day is our outreach initiative where we love people to life through Jesus Christ around our community and neighborhoods. Every year we ask the whole church to participate one day in giving back to our community and focus their efforts in helping those around us. On previous SERVE Days we have had up to 300+ people in our church serve in the city of Carrollton and the surrounding DFW area.
This year our theme comes from Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
At Heartland our mission is to love people to life in Jesus Christ and this year for SERVE Day our focus is on LOVE: specifically, to love our neighbors as ourselves. Join us in reaching our community with the LOVE of Jesus Christ by leading a practical project or joining a project today. We have an entire team to help you create the best project to touch our community.
Current Open Projects
1. GraceBridge Food Distribution at Heartland Church
We will have in-person food distribution at the church. We will distribute food and personal care boxes and pray for all that come to bless their family. We will also pack boxes for future distributions. To register for this project, click here.
2. GraceBridge Food Distribution at Evergreen Vista Ridge
We will take food to a local retirement community and serve several families there. Volunteers will help deliver to the retirement apartments, then pray with and encourage the recipients. To register for this project, click here.
3. Neighbor Yard clean up and blessing
We will be helping a recent widow with some light landscaping needs and repair of her wooden fence. This will take place in Lewisville. Please bring your work gloves, pole saws, brooms, and basic lawn equipment. Your leader will be in touch with further details when you register. To register for this project click here.
4. Letters of Hope Women’s Prison Ministry
We have created a women’s prison ministry that encourages them to find strength in Jesus. We will be preparing materials to send to them, encouraging notes and devotionals. This takes place onsite at HC. To register for this project, click here.
5. Rosemeade Apartment Basketball Court make-over
This team will head to a local apartment complex (Fountains of Rosemeade in Carrollton) and bless the community with rebuilding their basketball court. To register for this project, click here.
6. Bibles & Blankets 4 Prayer Homeless Outreach
We will head out to present the people in the most need in and around Carrollton with blankets and Bibles. Our lead team has been planning and dreaming about this outreach and hope that you will come and help us be the hands and feet of Jesus to the homeless near us. We need volunteers over the age of 18 years old for this project. To register for this project, click here.
7. School Campus Intercession
Join us as we go to local school campuses to pray over schools, administrators, and students. We will read scripture and pray together for the protection and wisdom for those people stepping on the school grounds. We are going to walk the grounds and bless and anoint the schools with God’s word. Our goal is to cover as many campuses and spend at least 15 minutes at each. To register for this project, click here.
8. SERVE Day Food Team
This team will help cook and feed our volunteers and the people that we will be blessing on Serve Day 2022. To register for this project, click here.
9. Personal Care Packing
This team will help pack personal care boxes at the HC campus to be distributed to persons who also receive GraceBridge food boxes. To register for this project, click here.
10. Food Distribution at Perry Middle School
This team will go offsite to a local middle school and will help distribute food boxes as well as pray with recipients. To register for this project, click here.
11. Children’s Clothing Drive at Perry Middle School
Dewitt Perry Middle School located here in Carrollton is in need of clothing items, specifically sweatpants (S-XL) and socks (for men and women). Clothing items are given to students by the school whose family may not be able to purchase new or appropriately sized clothing. We need donations of these clothing items. They can be dropped off at the collection box which will be inside the HC Campus on Serve day. Volunteers can purchase clothing items ahead of time and bring them on Serve day, or can go out shopping during Serve day. An Amazon list will also be made available. To register for this project, click here.
12. Denton County Adoption Agency – Bear Drive
Participants will head out to local store fronts to collect stuffed animals from shoppers to donate to Denton County Adoption agency so the stuffed animals can be given to the children on their “adoption day”. To register for this project, click here.
13. Bring the Light Ministries Homeless Outreach
Participants will start at the HC Campus then meet up with a partner organization Light Ministries off campus then head out to local homeless encampments for prayer and any other ministry opportunities. To register for this project, click here.
14. Heartland Kids
Looking for a family-friendly serve?
We are hosting a project for parents and kids to do together! All ages are welcome! We will be painting rocks at a local park with encouraging words or scriptures to leave for people to find and praying over the community! We will have everything you need!
Meet us at Heartland Church and we will walk as a group to our painting destination!
Bring clothes you don’t mind painting in!
Bring a water bottle!
And more importantly, bring a FRIEND!
Please note that parents must accompany their kids on this project. Please do not drop them off. To register for this project, click here.
15. Heartland Students
Heartland students (6 grade and up) will be heading over to a nearby nursing home to spend time with the residents, play games and hopefully bring some joy into their lives. To register for this project, click here.
16. Renew Decor Workday
For crafty folks, join Kendell Dean as they refresh and refurbish the decor used for Renew Women’s Conference. To register for this project, click here.
17. New Neighbor Welcome Boxes
We will create a new neighbor welcome box of gifts for new families in the Heartland Church neighborhood. We will then head out in teams and deliver these gift boxes to predetermined addresses in the immediate vicinity of Heartland. We need volunteers of all ages for this great project. all ages are welcome! To register for this project, click here.
18. Grocery Store Love
This team will head out to a local grocery store and give folks gift cards toward their groceries as well as God Loves You cards as they check out. All ages are welcome. To register for this project, click here.
This is a list of project ideas. These are projects that an individual or small group can do and fund on their own.
Begin by asking the following questions. Hopefully, the answers will help you develop a project that is a perfect fit for you or your group.
- Who in your neighborhood has a need?
- What business or organization within your sphere of influence could use a blessing?
- What project types best suit your group’s ages and abilities? (prayer, worship, teaching, physical labor, etc.)
- Pay for people’s laundry at a laundromat and pass out snacks or drinks
- Host a free garage sale
- Bring free lunches to construction workers and servicemen in your area
- Hand out free gum at a local park
- Clean up a widow’s or single mom’s yard
- Give out free sunscreen at a city park
- Give out free bottled water
- Plan a party for foster care children. Have free food, games, and a backpack/school supply giveaway
- Give out free donuts and coffee at bus stop or shopping center
- Host a free car wash for the faculty at a school
- Minor car repairs for elderly, widows and/or single mom’s
- Kids host a free kids toys and games garage sale
- Kids host a free lemonade stand
- Deliver fresh flowers to the residents
- Host a worship service at a nursing home (offer worship, devotions, prayer, and fellowship)
- Throw a “Senior Prom” complete with live music, food, and decorations
- Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for resident
- Have kids make crafts (necklaces, wooden crosses) that can be given to residents
- Distribute chips and sodas to residents & employees (check with staff on food restrictions)
- Tea Party
- Help the residents complete care packages for foster kids
- Band: Serve free drinks or snacks at their practices
- Sports teams: Serve free bottled water at their practices
- Give away free mechanical pencils or energy drinks to college students
- Host a free picnic in the quad.
- Give out free donuts and coffee on the quad
Special Needs/Youth Home
- Identify a family with a special needs child and give the family a Mom & Dad’s day out
- Adopt a group home for the day and throw a party for the residents
- Build a wheelchair ramp for handicapped
- Organize a field day for a group youth home
- Serve hot breakfast for the homeless in your community
- Do a community trash clean up
- Host a “Block Party” with free food, games, music, etc. for families
- Renovate a run-down playground or park in the area
- Do a door-to-door grocery giveaway
- Have a “Free Grass Cutting” day
- Serve free coffee, energy drinks, and snacks to staff and those waiting in the emergency room
- Give out healthy snacks to patients of chemotherapy
- Deliver small gifts to patients and families in the children’s ward (toys, care packages, etc)
- Prayer visits with patients and those in emergency room
- Take care-packages with snacks, sweets and small gift items (lotions, magazines, puzzles etc.) to families of hospitalized children.
Business/Service Organizations/Public Servicemen
- Wash windows
- Trash pick-up in parking lot
- Corral shopping carts to designated spaces
- Cook Lunch for your local police or fire station